Consummate dilettantism!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Knew It

What follows is the best explanation I have yet seen for intelligence. Come to my school on any given day and you will see its truth. I have thought along the same lines myself for a long time, and I have no doubt that it is correct.
The study also lends support to the emerging view that intelligence has both multiple discrete components -- such as, for example, the independent verbal and visuospatial domains -- and an overarching general aspect, which the researchers believe may be "executive function," tapped when the domains undertake more complex or novel tasks. Executive function may also coordinate and modulate the domains' various lower-level processes.
Read the whole thing.

The only question that remains in my mind regards the genetic component of intelligence. In other words, how are these separate intelligences inherited genetically, and how are they environmentally determined? The answer to this question is perhaps one of the greatest hitherto unsolved in all of science.

No comments:

Post a Comment