Consummate dilettantism!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Microsoft Thinks I'm Black


This is the default icon for the Windows 7 RC home folder. If I recall correctly, the comparable icon in Vista had both a white person and a black one. What gives, Microsoft? Political correctness getting you down? I don't even understand why you feel the need to enter this debate; don't even use a person. Do what Apple does, and just use a home. It's as I tell people -- if you want to avoid using the singular they or the generic he, just use a plural noun as your example. Write "if students wish to enroll, they must" rather than "if a student wishes to enroll, he [she, he/she, they] must".

2 comments:

  1. WHAT? NO TOKEN ASIAN?!? I AM OFFENDED!!!

    (us Wellesley women are always offended).

    Peace,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Microsoft thinks you're Samoan.

    ReplyDelete