Consummate dilettantism!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Chinese Girl Texts Me (In English): "Is 2012 The End Of The World?"

I swear I'm not making this up. I suppose I should feel honored to be asked such a deep question; to them, I am the all-knowing god, the colossus standing proudly astride their provincial little world, etc. (Sort of like this awesome dude and his non-existent Korean skills.) Anyway, without further ado:
april: Is 2012 the end of the world? [she usually asks in chinese; english means it's an Extra Important™ question]
me: 哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈 [hahaha]
april:你是笑我傻吗?我宿舍的人一直在说这个事,我本来不信,但现在觉得好恐怖啊! [are you laughing 'cuz i'm stupid? the people in my dorm keep talking about it, i didn't believe them at first, but now i'm getting really freaked out]
me: 对不起,回答是否定的,但需要一个解释,到我们见面时再说吧 [sorry, the answer is no, but this requires an explanation, we'll talk when we meet next]
april: 那一定给我好的解释。 [then you better give me a good explanation!]
me: 别着急,这个我很有研究 [don't worry, i have a lot of experience in this area]
april: 那好啊!幸亏你有研究,我都快被我们宿舍的人弄疯了。[that's good, thankfully you know about it, i’m being driven crazy by my roommates]
Oh, and in case you don't know what she's referring to, have a look at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment